Highlighted

Preview is bugged - AE 2020 to Version 17.1.1 Build 34

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated AE 2020 to Version 17.1.1 Build 34

RAM Preview becomes unresponsive to clicks, spacebar, Num0, ESC, etc. Playback continues on loop and the only way I've found to regain control is to minimize/maximize AE or close the application.

My laptop is a MacBook 2017:
- macOS Catalina 10.15.5

- 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz, with 8MB shared L3 cache

- 512GB PCIe-based onboard SSD

- 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory 2.9GHz

- Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching Intel HD Graphics 630

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preview is bugged - AE 2020 to Version 17.1.1 Build 34

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated AE 2020 to Version 17.1.1 Build 34

RAM Preview becomes unresponsive to clicks, spacebar, Num0, ESC, etc. Playback continues on loop and the only way I've found to regain control is to minimize/maximize AE or close the application.

My laptop is a MacBook 2017:
- macOS Catalina 10.15.5

- 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz, with 8MB shared L3 cache

- 512GB PCIe-based onboard SSD

- 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory 2.9GHz

- Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching Intel HD Graphics 630

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina? I'm having no problems at all with a nearly identical system but I am not using Catalina. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! The macOS is Catalina 10.15.5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read everything that Apple said about Catalina compatibility and decided not to upgrade my OS. More than 90% of the 3rd party plugins and scripts I use in AE and all Adobe versions before 2020 are NOT compatible with an OS that has a "feature" that prevents a single line of 32-bit code in any app or extension from running. OSX 10.14.6 and below have provisions for running 32 and even 16 Bit code without locking things up.

The first thing I would try is removing all of your 3rd party plugins and extensions, removing all nonessential from your system, checking your activity monitor, and shutting down anything not related to Adobe that is using any significant resources when you try and run After Effects. 

If you have the option, it might be a really good idea to downgrade your OS to Mojave. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a company laptop, and it has company control software installed on it. But I never had problems with After Effects like this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade of macOS is not a option.

I unistalled and ran the AdobeCreativeCloudCleaner (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) and didn't work!

I'm in trouble with this software!
Where's the solution for this bug?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open up Creative Cloud, go to the After Effects Program panel and select Other Options, then roll back to a version of 17 that was working for you. If you end up with both versions on your system you can also use the Creative Cloud app to delete 17.1.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
fajota LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the old version CC 2019 v16.1.3

However, I pay for the software, and I want to take advantage of all its new features. And the time that I will continue to work with outdated software, Adobe will not be refund me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue occurs on my windows 10 build with AE 17.1.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the old version CC 2019 v16.1.3

However, I pay for the software, and I want to take advantage of all its new features. And the time that I will continue to work with outdated software, Adobe will not be refund me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0