Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview is way Shorter

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I need your help to solve a issue im facing right now, before i start i will put my PC specs.

CPU- Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core

RAM - 16GB 3200MHZ

GPU-  Nvidia GTX 1660 6GB

The Issue-

I do Game Streaming in youtube and like to edit videos which i post, I been working on Adobe AE for few months now and the only issue im unable to solve is the SHORTER LIVE RENDER PRIVIEW.

I have added some 400 Lines of Text on my video, for to check the text are matching the audio in game i play the priview and it only plays for 1-2 seconds. 

If i switch down the resolutiion / down factor to qutared then it render for more then 10 second which is enough for me.. 

I want to render in full resulution for atleast 10 second so i can watch and make some correction if required. 

While using the app my CPU usage barely touches 50 % and RAM stay below 10GB.

Any idea folks why this is happening for me ? I been searched everywhere possible but i couldnt find the soluion..
Thanks, Any help would be appriciated. 

TOPICS
How to , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Thanks for your help, i found the solution tho.

While digging a bit i saw the RAM usage for AE was set to 1GB only which was not enough to put the whole seen into the memory.. I extended it and given 14GB of RAM then it worked..

Now I can preview more then 20 second at once of my 27 minute video with no isssue at all..

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong here. AE is simply caching like crazy with your 400 lines of text and reverting to CPU mode. You might want to re-read the respective sections of the online help and use "real" RAM previews right away instead of forcing AE into quirks mode as well as on a more general level read up on the limitations of AE's GPU acceleration, inefficient use of multi-core systems and so on. There's literally thousands of posts on "performance optimization" and similar keywords here on this forum alone...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, i found the solution tho.

While digging a bit i saw the RAM usage for AE was set to 1GB only which was not enough to put the whole seen into the memory.. I extended it and given 14GB of RAM then it worked..

Now I can preview more then 20 second at once of my 27 minute video with no isssue at all..

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this was a while ago, but where do you find the RAM usage for AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can view how much RAM AE is using on your computer in Task Manager > Performance or in the Activity Monitor on Mac.

To change how much RAM AE uses, head to Edit > Preferences > Memory and next to "RAM reserved for other applications, set it to something low, or the lowest it can go.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines