Preview not playing back after a while

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after working in a project for a while, I'll do a RAM preview and it won't play back. The timeline will cache as normal, but does not play back in the comp viewer. I can scrub through, but won't play back. This happens pretty consistently when working in any project, probably within about a half hour to an hour of working.

I've tried purging the memory and disk cache, but doesn't fix it. The only fix is to restart AE.

PC:

Ryzen 9 3950x

32GB Trident Neo ram

Nvidia 2080 super

Windows 10

AE ver 17.1.2

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find this specific issue.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preview not playing back after a while

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after working in a project for a while, I'll do a RAM preview and it won't play back. The timeline will cache as normal, but does not play back in the comp viewer. I can scrub through, but won't play back. This happens pretty consistently when working in any project, probably within about a half hour to an hour of working.

I've tried purging the memory and disk cache, but doesn't fix it. The only fix is to restart AE.

PC:

Ryzen 9 3950x

32GB Trident Neo ram

Nvidia 2080 super

Windows 10

AE ver 17.1.2

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find this specific issue.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ginag58033574,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

Would you mind checking if it's happening with all the files or a particular one? To start, you can reset the preferences of Afte Effects and see if that brings any change: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

It definately happens with all files/projects. I'll try reseting the preferences and see what happens.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0