• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Not Playingback

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a new problem where my footage won't playback and the composition won't play back either. The audio works and if I drag the adjustable knob to go throughout the project, I apologize I don't remember the technical term for it, it moves, but when I go to play it back and watch it, it doesn't play. I tried it on a new project, I tried it on an old project that worked. I don't know if I changed settings or something. I tried searching online for answers, but couldn't find anything.

It just looks like a still image with audio and when I scan through the footage or the project I can see movement, but when I play it back to edit it, it stays.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics driver, check your hardware acceleration settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Did Mylenium's suggestions help? If not, please provide us details about your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS). Also, check if it's happening with particular footage.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating my drivers didn't do anything. How do I know what settings to set my acceleration to? If it's accelerated. I didn't do anything with any accelerated settings nor do I know what that is. So it shouldn't have just stopped working. I first noticed it when I was doing some tutorials. I have a previous project that worked fine on Sunday when I was working on it. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 3.20 GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

Ram: 32 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is going on in the comp? What happens if you create a standard HD comp using one of the Composition Panel presets that is about 5 seconds long, add a new solid and set a couple of position keyframes to move the layer from one side of the frame to the other? 

If that test works then there is something going on in your comp that is preventing a proper preview. It could be any one of a couple hundred common user errors or format problems so we need details and screenshots that tell us what is going on in the comp in order to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled and reinstalled After Effects because it was quick. I will see how it goes. Can I reply here if this happens again and I run into another wall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure @edecker83, feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines