Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview not working after 17.1.2

Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

so I am trying to battle this majour issue I am having lately...

I can't preview ANYTHING I am doing in After Effects. I can scrub through the timeline and

displays everything perfectly, but when I hit num0 or Spacebar the timeline renders but it never plays back.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this? I'm desparate at this point.

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting back to 17.1.1 resolves the issue  - does this help to nail down the bug?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be necessary to review some factors well to know what was happening, the display resolution of the Composition panel, the composition settings, the settings of the Preview panel, the tech specs of your system, etc. The information you provide does not allow us to have an idea of the possible issue. If you solved it with version 17.1.1 it is fine but remember to describe as much information as possible when you need some support in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Byron,

Thanks for your reply. I defintely would like to get to the bottom of this issue because just rolling back can't be the answer..

The comp. settings don't matter in this case as they ranged from PAL to 8K and it never made it difference.

The preview bar goes green (rendered) but never plays. The same at home as in work, although PC's have different setups.

The specs of the main PC:

Windows 10 Pro

GTX 1080

64GB RAM

10Gbit Server connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to change the Default Output of your Audio Hardware. (Prefrences/Audio Hardware) ... maybe to you headphones or monitor speakers. What Nvidia drivers you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks, that's a great suggestion. Unfortunatley it didn't work.

I am using 452.06 drivers

Thanks

Jannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, the problem is back in 17.1.1,

Very desparate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And what happens with other projects that are not of very long duration and of no more than FullHD? You still do not tell us the duration or the quality of the one you are using, just a 4K in Full resolution is enough for any system, imagine an 8K. Everything you have inserted in your project (NTSC, PAL, HD, FullHD, 2K, UHD, 4K, 6K, 8K, etc) all that requires resources from your system to be there, that's why my suggestion to do a test in another project that is not that long and not that huge (8K).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines