Highlighted

preview not working / after effects 2019

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I play the preview using my space bar, it renders for a few seconds, and then stops as shown in the video. I have to reopen after effects for it to properly play, and then the frame freezes again after a few seconds. I put a video in the timeline and used it as an example, but all my past projects are doing the same freezing. It isn't the screen recording doing the freezing, and I have no idea what the problem is.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

preview not working / after effects 2019

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I play the preview using my space bar, it renders for a few seconds, and then stops as shown in the video. I have to reopen after effects for it to properly play, and then the frame freezes again after a few seconds. I put a video in the timeline and used it as an example, but all my past projects are doing the same freezing. It isn't the screen recording doing the freezing, and I have no idea what the problem is.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mpeg4 files can be problematic, especially if they have variable frame rates like some screen capturing software can do.  Try converting your Mpeg4 video to an intermediate format like an MXF, then reimport and see if you still have the issue.

Other things to try:  Delete After Effects preferences, check your video drivers are up to date, try turning off GPU acceleration temporarily.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
mila5E58 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i reimported the video into a MXF file, and it still had the issue. I tried to delete my preferences and purged the cache / memory but it still does the freezing. also im vv thankful for your help <33

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mila5E58,

Sorry for your issue.

I agree with Andrew. One other step you can try is purging the cache, go to Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache

Let us know if any of the steps help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0