Highlighted

Preview sound lag - Holding down Control makes the audio lag

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly my audio started to lag when held down CTRL and dragging the mouse to listen to the song. I can't find any good explanations why this is happening nor can't I fix it by changing cache diskspace or adding more diskspace to it. 

Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Link to what I mean; 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqLsYHTcc

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preview sound lag - Holding down Control makes the audio lag

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly my audio started to lag when held down CTRL and dragging the mouse to listen to the song. I can't find any good explanations why this is happening nor can't I fix it by changing cache diskspace or adding more diskspace to it. 

Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Link to what I mean; 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqLsYHTcc

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MR2oz,

Does the problem go away if you choose a smaller region of interest? More info on how to choose a smaller region of interest: https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/after-effects-quick-tip-cropping-a-comp/

If the problem doesn't go away, we will need some details to help you better: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-que...

Let us know.

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the reply! 🙂 

Yes it "worked" with cropping the video, but it will lag badly like in the youtube video when i'm trying on a video clip that i've added effects on and slightly into a new clip that haven't been edited/added effects onto.

It goes away when i'm dragging the mouse+CTRL further away from an unedit clip. I can add secondary video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2FNzurOtk0
But how do I redo the "Crop Comp to Region of Interest" when i'm done with adding effects and such? 

What could it be to make this lag? 

This never happend before, but when I added more clips onto the composition and effects on my clips, it started to lag like this.

When I open up a new fresh comp with new clip, it can preview (dragging mouse+CTRL) without any lags. So under heavy load it will start to lag badly, but as I said, this just recently came up, i've never had this problem before, but now it lags like this.

Using specs:

AE CS6 - v.11.0

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-Gaming K3
CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4201 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 logical processors

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, Driver version 26.21.14.3200

RAM: 16GB

2 SSD'ss, 4 HDD's. (1 external HDD).

Adobe is running on a HDD, not on Primary C:.

2 screens connected

Dont have Quicktime installed.

No error messages during previewing.

Source footage is .avi, either recorded with Fraps (.avi) or Nvidia Experience (ShadowPlay - Recording software, they have .mp4)

Hope that will help somewhat, tell me if you want to know anything specific!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0
MR2oz LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, been a while since I wrote my post. 

Is there any ideas whats going on?

I've cleared alot of disk cache on all of my HDD's and SSD's and my virus program have removed extra cache around also.

Nothing seems to work, and this just started after i've been editing and putting alot of clips into the same composition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0