Preview taking a long time to play even though fully rendered.

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help

me with an issue I've been having! 

The last few times I've started up a project in AE everything has been as normal but when I start adding more and more things to my composition something just changes and suddenly my preview is acting up!

Usually, when the green bar above my timeline fills my preview will play with no problems but once I've added maybe a few things to my composition, I hit play, the green bar fills but from that point I could be waiting another 20 seconds for it just to play! It's becoming very frustrating and I have no idea how to fix it!

I have allocated as much RAM as possible to AE and have even tried uninstalling a bunch of programs from my computer but nothing seems to be working. It just happens to do this after I actually begin adding things to my project.

Any tips on what I should do?

Thanks,

Tori

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preview taking a long time to play even though fully rendered.

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help

me with an issue I've been having! 

The last few times I've started up a project in AE everything has been as normal but when I start adding more and more things to my composition something just changes and suddenly my preview is acting up!

Usually, when the green bar above my timeline fills my preview will play with no problems but once I've added maybe a few things to my composition, I hit play, the green bar fills but from that point I could be waiting another 20 seconds for it just to play! It's becoming very frustrating and I have no idea how to fix it!

I have allocated as much RAM as possible to AE and have even tried uninstalling a bunch of programs from my computer but nothing seems to be working. It just happens to do this after I actually begin adding things to my project.

Any tips on what I should do?

Thanks,

Tori

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start, as minimal we need to know Ae version, the tech specs of your system and your clips, with this information we try to understand in global way what is going on.

But first, try to low to half resolution the Composition panel and Preview panel and try again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0