Priority display in 3D layers

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CINEMA 4DCINEMA 4D

Classic 3DClassic 3D

Hello,

I use After Effect CC 2017, I know in the "Classic 3d" mood if two-layer have the same z coordinates the top layer has priority in the display. 

I want to know why in the "CINEMA 4D" mood although the "green" layer is higher, the "yellow" layer has priority in the display? Both layers have the same z values 

Topics

Error or problem, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Priority display in 3D layers

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CINEMA 4DCINEMA 4D

Classic 3DClassic 3D

Hello,

I use After Effect CC 2017, I know in the "Classic 3d" mood if two-layer have the same z coordinates the top layer has priority in the display. 

I want to know why in the "CINEMA 4D" mood although the "green" layer is higher, the "yellow" layer has priority in the display? Both layers have the same z values 

Topics

Error or problem, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D layers that share the same position are always a little dodgy. Apparently, in your specific setup, the layer showing up on top changes with the rendering engine. That is not surprising. I just checked it on my system and I could get random results with 2 shape layers filled with the same color but one has a stroke. Depending on which layer was selected at the time one may pop in front of the other when changing to the C4D rendering option. 

It would not be good practice to put 2 overlapping layers in the same plane with either rendering option but I don't think it is a bug, I think the top layer depends on when the rendering engine gets the layer info. I can make the bottom layer end up on top most of the time, but sometimes, it stays on the bottom. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines