Highlighted

Problem with dashboard in After Effects CC 2019

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all. I have a problem with dashboard in AE CC 2019. Tried to follow Volumax tutorial, and in some moments my dashboard and dashboard in tutorials are not the same. I posted a picture where everything can be seen. Number 1 is my dashboard,where only the tab project is seen. On the picture number 2 is the dashboard from tutorial and except project tab, the tab effect can also be seen. And finally, on the picture number 3 is the content of tab project, which I can't get and that's important so I can move on. I would ask someone to help me how to show the tab effect in my dashboard. Thanks in advance.

Untitled-3.jpg

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with dashboard in After Effects CC 2019

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all. I have a problem with dashboard in AE CC 2019. Tried to follow Volumax tutorial, and in some moments my dashboard and dashboard in tutorials are not the same. I posted a picture where everything can be seen. Number 1 is my dashboard,where only the tab project is seen. On the picture number 2 is the dashboard from tutorial and except project tab, the tab effect can also be seen. And finally, on the picture number 3 is the content of tab project, which I can't get and that's important so I can move on. I would ask someone to help me how to show the tab effect in my dashboard. Thanks in advance.

Untitled-3.jpg

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikim11741666,

Thanks for reaching out.

After Effects' workspace can be customized depending on how you want it to be. You can go to Window > Effect Controls to revel the Effect Controls panel. Please check out the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0USs8oVig&ab_channel=MOBOXGraphics

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

In this After Effects motion graphic quick tip, we are going to be taking a look at how to adjust your After Effects workspace. This is fairly trivial, but i...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Learn Workspace and spend 5 minutes going through the first section that shows you the basics of the UI. Then it would probably do you good to run through the first guided tutorial. Then spend some time with the User Guide, available on the AE product page and on this forum. Be very careful about just browsing YouTube for tutorials. Most of them are prepared by well-meaning enthusiasts that don't know how to explain things very well and don't show efficient workflows. You have to vet your trainers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines