• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Glitches / Low Res when uploading to Youtube -Video has noise / scatter effects applied

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a music video and I have an adjustment layer on top of everything with Noise HTS (5% on Hue, everything else is 0) + Scatter amount at 2.0, Randomizing on Every Frame. I wanted these to create a certain aesthetic for the video. The video was exported with H.264 1920 x 1080. 

However, once uploaded to Youtube I noticed random parts glitching, dropping to an extremely low resolution / coming out boxy and blurry, and the scattering of the noise freezes. These problems (sans one glitch at the end) don't appear in the render /preview, only when uploaded to Youtube. 

What can I do?

Youtube Quality:

Youtube qualityYoutube quality

vs my render:

My RenderMy Render

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you simply have taken a bad design approach. It's not even the noise, it's things like the skinny lines of your fonts. There are simply limitations to dealing with compressed footage and YouTube re-compressing your footage on their servers and generating multiple versions of it sure doesn't help. Again, you need to change the design and use a different font, move the text around and animate them, perhaps a moving background and so on. It's all about disguising these artifacts as best as one can. Technically they''ll always be there. You can only work on making them less noticeable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It actually had everything to do with the noise, problem solved once I took it off. Type looks great. But thanks for this completely useless critique! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines