Highlighted

Problems with After Effect

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried multiple versions of AE and none of them are working. I purchased 3 different logo strings from videohive and when I try to input the files to AE it first sayd it must be upgraded, then it says there are missing files, then it says the files are locked and cannot be edited. After I say OK to all the warnings I end up with a mutli-color screen similar to the old TV screens before a show comes on. I've reached out to the designers for each of the designs and they have never heard of it and say there are no problems with there designs. Again, I have tried 4 different versions of AE and get the same thing. This is a new computer and I just downloaded AE, I used my old computer 4 months ago and had no issues. I must be missing something. Can anyone help?

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems with After Effect

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried multiple versions of AE and none of them are working. I purchased 3 different logo strings from videohive and when I try to input the files to AE it first sayd it must be upgraded, then it says there are missing files, then it says the files are locked and cannot be edited. After I say OK to all the warnings I end up with a mutli-color screen similar to the old TV screens before a show comes on. I've reached out to the designers for each of the designs and they have never heard of it and say there are no problems with there designs. Again, I have tried 4 different versions of AE and get the same thing. This is a new computer and I just downloaded AE, I used my old computer 4 months ago and had no issues. I must be missing something. Can anyone help?

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post from the Get Started forum to the Program Specific forum, After Effects.

If this is in Error please state the exact Adobe program you are asking about.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Option 1) Open in your old computer and go to menu Edit / Dependencies / Collect Files... in Collect Source Files set in All, press Collect button. The try to open this new collected project in your new computer.

Option 2) Import project into a new project in your new computer. Menu File / Import / Files... select the project file .aep and import it into the new project. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines