• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with cutting clips

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I have a a clip of for example 10 seconds and I only need the last 5 seconds of the clip. I would shift alt delete at the 5 second mark and it would split in 2, then I would delete the 2nd clip (the first 5 seconds). Then there is a greyed out part where the original first 5 seconds where. Well if I want to add ctrl alt t (time remap) , the blue dot ( the keyframe) shows up were the original clip started. So I drag the the blue dot the where my splitted clip starts and I end up having the original clip sped up, with the cut out part. So I'm forced to cut the clip in premiere because cutting clips in after effects doesnt remove the the part that I want to cut out. So thats my problem. If I need to specify some parts you can let me know. Thanks in regards.  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing wrong here. That's just how it works. You are just messing it up by moving the start keyframe instead of creating a new one. You might want to read the online help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/user-guide.html/after-effects/using/setting-selecting-deleting...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines