Highlighted

Problems with distortion of shades after export in Prores 4444

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have problems with distortion of shades after export in Prores 4444.

In the project i have this color #21D41B, but after render to Prores 4444 i have #23D51D.

The color difference is not strong, but the person doing the color correction always swears. 

I tried different variants with working space, depth, gamma space, but nothing helped

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems with distortion of shades after export in Prores 4444

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have problems with distortion of shades after export in Prores 4444.

In the project i have this color #21D41B, but after render to Prores 4444 i have #23D51D.

The color difference is not strong, but the person doing the color correction always swears. 

I tried different variants with working space, depth, gamma space, but nothing helped

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you are not working with any actual color managment, so thgis may be ineviatble. Also it doesn't really make much sense to obsess over 8bit hex colors in a 16bit color space. If this goes through additional grading, you might want to talk to them what profiles/ LUTs they actually use and set up your system along those lines in addition to actually calibrating your monitor, instating proper color profiles and all the good stuff. Pardon the language, but you can't half-ass this, if 100% color correctness is required.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0