• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Freezings and Sudden Window Closes

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects has really been fighting me as of lately.

It's been having program crashings and as of me writing this- I was working on a project when the program suddenly shut off without warning and when I reloaded it- it didn't have a recovery save. 

This is bout the 5th time I've had to redo all the work I lost from having to forceshut off the program when it becomes unresponsive for almost an hour without any letup. This is the first time it closed without warning, on this computer at least. 

My computer is a barebone base model Dell Optiplex 790, with 8 GB RAM (i think)- so I know I have to run graphics on the lowest setting to make sure the ram can function properly without having an aneurysm. I used to think it was because of Chrome being a pig or something- but I've had history of it still chugging even when it was the only program open. 

I'm seriously debating on getting a whole new computer rather than upgrading pieces of my computer at this point- if it's gonna save me a headache with my future art projects.  

Is there anything that I might be overlooking that I did in the settings or is it just my computer?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?