• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Files all lost

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I was on AE when my power went out and my computer turned off. When I came back to continue my project a few hours later,I got a message about "preference files not working,new preferences file will be created" (something like that i dont really remember) and then when AE finally opened,all my projects were gone. I tried opening the project files I had saved,but it said "bad or unreadable format" and now I can't open any of my projects. My preferences were resetted as well. I have AE CC 2019. Any ideas on how I can get my old projects back?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the projects in your Auto Save folder? Usually that folder is next to the original project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had autosave enabled and i have autosave project files of projects before that but i cant find this project's autosave file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely, that you last project is corrupt through the power loss. Just use on the backups you've manuelly created, or use an autosave, which you have hopefully activated (if not, then you have just learned a live lession).

The list of last projects might be empty, but this doesn't mean you projects are gone. Just go to the location you did daved them and open them.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i manually create backups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your project file, press CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

Rename the copy in your manner.

This is the first thing I do on every working day.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to see if your AE will open any project files at all. That is, try some that you created weeks ago.

Install the 2020 version alongside your 2019 version and see if it will open any of the project files you were having issues with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to open other projects it says "missing data in file ( 33: 4 )" even though i still have everything i used in that project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every project file has that error? Try creating a brand new project then close AE, reopen it, and see if it can open the new project file you created.

Also, try installing the 2020 version and see if it can open your old projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most recent projects have that error,and I made a new project on AE and it keeps it saved. I don't want to install 2020 though since that way I'll have to install all the plugins I had before and I'm too lazy for that. It's okay though,I'm just redoing my project all over again. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you fixed the problem? How??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines