Highlighted

Project not opening on one specific computer

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a VFX project on a Mac Pro (trashcan) from home (latest AFX version), then brought it to my office to work on it on my new Mac Pro (cheese grater). Project acts like it's loading, I see the content populate, but then at 100% load, everything disappears. I try making a new project and drag that project file in, and everything shows up, but NOTHING plays. Get lots of errors, including "Layer does not have a source." If I make a new comp in that project, it does not respond. Can't create or view anything. I tried resetting prefs, unistalling, downgrading to earlier version, but nothing fixes it. I can successfully open the project on an iMac at the office here - tried saving it off from there and opening on the new Mac Pro, but no luck. Any insights on how I can open it sucessfully? 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project not opening on one specific computer

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a VFX project on a Mac Pro (trashcan) from home (latest AFX version), then brought it to my office to work on it on my new Mac Pro (cheese grater). Project acts like it's loading, I see the content populate, but then at 100% load, everything disappears. I try making a new project and drag that project file in, and everything shows up, but NOTHING plays. Get lots of errors, including "Layer does not have a source." If I make a new comp in that project, it does not respond. Can't create or view anything. I tried resetting prefs, unistalling, downgrading to earlier version, but nothing fixes it. I can successfully open the project on an iMac at the office here - tried saving it off from there and opening on the new Mac Pro, but no luck. Any insights on how I can open it sucessfully? 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked you are using the 17.0.2 version (or later)? Also you can check what setting for graphics display acceleration you are using in your preject. Go to File > Project Setting. Check if you are using Metal or OpenCL under the Video Rendering and Effects Tab.

Another thing you can check if that footage requires a software decoder. What is the format and codec of that footage youa re using in the project?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck - was on Metal, tried software only, same issue.  Footage is ProRes 4444, plays fine in Premiere on that computer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences / Import, uncheck the "Enable hardware accelerated decoding" check box to see how it goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
redprod LATEST
Explorer ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gave that a try, no change. Thanks for the suggestion though! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines