Highlighted

Project Organisation Question - Transitions

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! 

I'm learning AE with the view to work within the Motion industry eventually.

I will end up making a lot of explainer type vids with different scenes and transitions between them.

At the moment I've been practising by putting the scenes into seperate comps, and then compiling them into one 'final' master comp. 

At the moment, I'm a bit confused as to where I would keyframe the transitions between one scene and another. Would you guys tend to keyframe transitions within individual comps for scenes or would you handle all transitions within an overall final comp? 

Maybe this is a little nitpicky as this can be done both ways, but I was just wondering what the best practice was as I don't want my workflow to hinder me when I come to huge projects!

Thanks, and please ask me to elaborate if anything sounds unclear.

J

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project Organisation Question - Transitions

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! 

I'm learning AE with the view to work within the Motion industry eventually.

I will end up making a lot of explainer type vids with different scenes and transitions between them.

At the moment I've been practising by putting the scenes into seperate comps, and then compiling them into one 'final' master comp. 

At the moment, I'm a bit confused as to where I would keyframe the transitions between one scene and another. Would you guys tend to keyframe transitions within individual comps for scenes or would you handle all transitions within an overall final comp? 

Maybe this is a little nitpicky as this can be done both ways, but I was just wondering what the best practice was as I don't want my workflow to hinder me when I come to huge projects!

Thanks, and please ask me to elaborate if anything sounds unclear.

J

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Where you place transitions is really up to you but best practise is to use them between clips and not between comps. Some comps, dependant on complexiyu will have track mattes, alpha channels, different type of blemd modes etc which the transition could interfere with. This is how I work personally but others using simple, less complex compositions might use transitions between those comps.

Mo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0