• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

prores color difference - round trip

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proress 422 HQ, 444, 444 XQ etc. are rendering out darker and whether or not I am in 16 or 32bit.

also to note is that I am in sRGB space and linearise on.

if I render prores from media encoder then the brightness levels are correct BUT there is a small saturation shift.

h264, exr, jpg - they all roundtrip perfectly. its just prores that I have found with this issue so far.

what is going on here Adobe?

TOPICS
Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happens with DNxHD. exactly the same dip in brightness(when render from AE).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have found the fundemental difference. whilst H.264, jpg and exr export DO embed the profile set in output module, prores and dnxhd format does not embed - and so the files are exported as rec709 format.

if I bring the render back into the same project and convert it to sRGB it matches.

With that understanding if I knew i was to export in this format I could setup the project in rec709 to begin with but it really should not be the case should it???

whats more, why does it react differently when rendered through Media Encoder. the files still come back in as rec709 but the color matches.(there is the tinest of changes on the lumetri scope but its a visual match.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any devs or Adobe peeps reading this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines