• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD not importing as PSD layers.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When im trying to import a PSD file into after effects, once dragged into the timeline the layers arent psd anymore, but some kinda layered images. even groups made in photoshop will be first displayed as compositions, but when opened, its just a layer with the same icon having the compositions name.The issue is thisThe issue is this

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

The problem with your import is that Image Sequence was selected. Try again. This is the problem:

Screenshot_2020-06-11 08.32.29_pye4od.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

just realized i already have that checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have imported your PSD as an image sequence. The icon with the stacked images means image sequence, not layered images.

Make sure you Import as a Composition retaining layer size and that you do not have the Image Sequence option selected. 

Layer 3, Head, is a comp and that tells me that that layer in the PSD file was a layer group or that you have added a comp from the project panel to the timeline.

When you say you drag the layers into the timeline it tells me that you either did not import the PSD as a composition retaining layer sizes, which is almost always the right choice, then open the comp the AE creates. It sounds like your workflow is to import as a comp, then select all the layers that come in and drag them to a new timeline. That is never the right workflow for this kind of project.

Start over and make sure that Image Sequence is not selected, then open the comp that is created and everything should be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. I always import as "retain layer sizes". This problem is new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with your import is that Image Sequence was selected. Try again. This is the problem:

Screenshot_2020-06-11 08.32.29_pye4od.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Rick said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does that work for windows aswell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just realized i already have that checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for saving my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines