Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet "Phantom" Outline

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm rather new to After Effects, and I'm having an issue with a phantom outline appearing.

I used the puppet tool to animate a logo, then I pre-composed the logo (it had two layers) and then I moved the position of the pre-comp. I did this because I was having issues with simply moving the logo's position and having the phantom outline. I read that pre-composing it would help, but I'm still having this issue. 

I saw another post on this issue in the community and some people said it has to do with the mesh expansion. I augmented the Mesh Expansion from 3.0 to 4.0, and this still didn't help. Any thoughts?

Photo attached of mid position change where it leaves the original position. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 6.32.05 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't tell much from the cropped screenshot. Post a screenshot of the full UI with the problem layer selected and all modified properties revealed (press 'uu'). This could be a lot of things. anything from position animation on the layer to display acceleration and GPU problems. 

System, OS, and AE version details will also help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks so much for the quick response! I'm attaching two images, the first is inside the pre-composition and the second is my regular/full composition that I'm working in. I hope that makes sense and that I'm showing enough information.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.50.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.47.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick.

Hope you are well! I was wondering if you saw anything in my screenshots that could indicate what is happening? 

I forgot to add also that I am working on a Mac with macOS Catalina and AE 2020 17.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I increased the expansion to 250...which seems like a lot but the line finally went away. However, this is not ideal because it has stiffened my puppet. It still works, but not exactly how I had set it up originally. I wish I could find a solution to get rid of the phantom line completely without this occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines