Highlighted

Puppet "Phantom" Outline

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm rather new to After Effects, and I'm having an issue with a phantom outline appearing.

I used the puppet tool to animate a logo, then I pre-composed the logo (it had two layers) and then I moved the position of the pre-comp. I did this because I was having issues with simply moving the logo's position and having the phantom outline. I read that pre-composing it would help, but I'm still having this issue. 

I saw another post on this issue in the community and some people said it has to do with the mesh expansion. I augmented the Mesh Expansion from 3.0 to 4.0, and this still didn't help. Any thoughts?

Photo attached of mid position change where it leaves the original position. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 6.32.05 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Puppet "Phantom" Outline

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm rather new to After Effects, and I'm having an issue with a phantom outline appearing.

I used the puppet tool to animate a logo, then I pre-composed the logo (it had two layers) and then I moved the position of the pre-comp. I did this because I was having issues with simply moving the logo's position and having the phantom outline. I read that pre-composing it would help, but I'm still having this issue. 

I saw another post on this issue in the community and some people said it has to do with the mesh expansion. I augmented the Mesh Expansion from 3.0 to 4.0, and this still didn't help. Any thoughts?

Photo attached of mid position change where it leaves the original position. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 6.32.05 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't tell much from the cropped screenshot. Post a screenshot of the full UI with the problem layer selected and all modified properties revealed (press 'uu'). This could be a lot of things. anything from position animation on the layer to display acceleration and GPU problems. 

System, OS, and AE version details will also help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks so much for the quick response! I'm attaching two images, the first is inside the pre-composition and the second is my regular/full composition that I'm working in. I hope that makes sense and that I'm showing enough information.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.50.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.47.28 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0