• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on Advanced Tonal Correction

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I'm editing a photo and I need help with masking and tonal correction. I want to change the different parts of the photo, such as the brightness of someone's eyes and their hair color. Normally I'd duplicate the layer, draw a mask around the specific part (e.g. the eyes) and then throw curves or saturation, and adjust it. But drawing individual masks on each layer takes long, especially if the shape's difficult to cut out. Is there a quicker way to do it by using alpha channels or something?Photoshop has this handy feature called 'Luminosity Masks' where you can quickly separate the layer into lights, midtones and shadows (with 'actions') and edit individual lights, midtones and shadows respectively. It gives you a good control over tone, brightness and color overall, and you don't even need to cut out masks. Is there something like that in AE? Would appreciate the help! 🙂

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can create all kinds of procedural mattes using effects like Shift Channels, Channel Combiner and so on combined with adjustment effects and blurs to control the range, contrast and feathering of the mattes. You'll just end up with tons of extra pre-comps for the mattes alone and then of course still your duplicates on which you apply the mattes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines