• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QuickTime Player cannot open Cineform ?

Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following a tutorial that instructs me to create a low-quality output module for creating test output. Unfortunately, the tutorial is from 2018 and the recommended codecs have been removed from After Effects. The only QuickTime codec remaining that has a low-quality setting is Cineform, so I'm trying that one. To my surprise, QuickTime Player cannot open the output file. Why not?

I'm using QuickTime 10.4 on High Sierra (10.3.6). I'll upload screenshots of the settings I used. The error message from QuickTime player is also attached.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cineform, even when it comes from the GoPro studio, needs to be converted. Your quality setting is awfully low, but my Cinform renders are converted to Prorez 444 just fine. I don't know why I would want to do that. AE, Premiere Pro, FinalCut Pro, iMovie, and Black Magic Fusion will all use Cineform files without any problems. 

Your files may fail to convert due to a lack of drive space or other problems. 

In the future, please use the Menu Bar to embed your screenshots. They are a real pain to look at when you just upload them, especially on a mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

I have TBs of free drive space. I explained that I'm making a low quality preset as part of a tutorial. So basically what I'm understanding from your reply is that QuickTime Player shouldn't have a problem converting this file.

Thanks for the tip on uploading screenshots. I'll add them here now.

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.45.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.46.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.47.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines