Quicktime Trimmed videos dont play inside After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I use After effects for my editing projects. I use Zoom to record Video Meetings which saves the recorded file is 720P @25fps format. TO create promo video , i trim the zoom recorded session using quicktime inside macbook.. 

I am bale to open and play the trimmed videos in quicktime but when i import them in after effects and try to play, the video is stuck in a single frame but the audio continues to play.. Even Handbrake doesnt recognize the trimmed video file.

Zoom recorded video works fine inside after effect.. Its only when the quicktime trimmed videos that doesnt play.. Any idea why this might be and how to overcome ?

Also would love suggestions for better ways to record the webcam video interviews as zoom only gives me 720P format

Thanks 

Aj

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you try *.mp4 format to work with Handbrake?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Output file that i get from zoom app is a *.mp4 format itself.. Handbrake just doesnt accept the file for conversion 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You open the file by LVC media play and convert it to something Handbrake accepts. This is a tricky way. It might work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines