Highlighted

"invalid menu operation" is displayed, the timeline disappears when reloading

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CC 15.1.10 ~ at Win 10 1803.

When editing in the main composition, a warning " Invalid Menu operation " is displayed when layers are selected at an unexpected timing.

Reloading the project file with the warning displayed, the existing timeline of the main composition will not be displayed at all , so the work data can not be saved now.( Preview can be done normally and a new layer can be created, but the layer number will be from 1, Shy is not used)

Although basic troubleshooting of AE such as version change was executed, it did not solve it at all and it is a state that can not be conjectured due to the fact that occurrence was quite sudden.

Does anyone know who solved the same kind of trouble or any cause?  Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"invalid menu operation" is displayed, the timeline disappears when reloading

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CC 15.1.10 ~ at Win 10 1803.

When editing in the main composition, a warning " Invalid Menu operation " is displayed when layers are selected at an unexpected timing.

Reloading the project file with the warning displayed, the existing timeline of the main composition will not be displayed at all , so the work data can not be saved now.( Preview can be done normally and a new layer can be created, but the layer number will be from 1, Shy is not used)

Although basic troubleshooting of AE such as version change was executed, it did not solve it at all and it is a state that can not be conjectured due to the fact that occurrence was quite sudden.

Does anyone know who solved the same kind of trouble or any cause?  Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say but if you do a bit of searching, you'll soon find this bug has been around for many, many years. I'm using CS6 on Win7 so I'll let you do the math.  Needless to say, don't expect Adobe to come clamoring.  No corporate profit in it.

Since this bug has been around so long, and i ONLY see it occur in AE,  I suspect it has something to do with a quirk in Adobe's scripting or UI and with the OS's basic pointer system that somehow gets confused.  I haven't seen a particular pattern anyway that triggers this.  I usually just save if possible, close project, exit AE & restartit as just closing & reopening the project usually doesn't clear the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the prefrence files would solve this problem

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\15.1Capture.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2019 0
eLunatic LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didnt do it for me on 17.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0