Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Pixelate" is missing

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Adobe Forum

My name is Jeremy Schafer. I am a user of the Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium.

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I have had to reinstall all of the Creative Suite's programs. So far, it has been successful, but there seems to be an effect missing from After Effects... "Pixelate."

My version of After Effects is CS5.5

My operating system is Windows 10

My graphics card is XFX CORE R6750

And I have 8.00 GB of RAM

I'm curious as to where I might re-obtain this specific "Pixelate" effect via some download or other such means. Before I upgraded to Windows 10 and reinstalled the Creative Suite, I was able to use this "Pixelate" effect. But now, it seems to be missing.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeremy Schafer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixelate is a third-party plugin from Eyedesyn. Is that the one you're talking about? If so, you may need to reinstall it. https://www.eyedesyn.com/product/pixelate-it/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, I'm talking about the built-in effect simply named "Pixelate."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no native effect called Pixelate. I haven't used a version of AE that old in a long time, so I just searched through my CS5 manual PDF to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never downloaded any third-party plugin called "Pixelate" or "Pixelate It." From the moment I started using CS5.5, "Pixelate" was already available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Effects panel that has this missing effect? Maybe that image will light some ideas about the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not this one. Window -> Effects Control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You know, it's the strangest thing... It seems to be working now! I don't know how, but now, for some reason, it's suddenly there again! Now, it works! It is a Pixel Bender effect, to be found in the Pixel Bender folder, accompanied by PixelateGraph. But anyway, now that it works, I can close this request. Thanks again, everyone. You've been a great help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines