Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Point of Interest" handle for After Effects Light

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For the life of me I and unable to grab the point of interest of a Point light in Ae.  I can grab the X, Y & Z handles but not the point of interest.  Am I the only one having this issue and is there a setting that I'm not seeing for this?  I can move the point of interest in the layer, but I would like to grab it with the mouse.   Thanks in advance. 

Unable to grab the "point of interest"Unable to grab the "point of interest"

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has never been a 3D handle on point of interest for lights or the camera. 

If you really need one attach the point of interest to the position property of a null using the Pickwhip. If the Parent column is visible it takes about 10 seconds to create the expression.

• Select Null press p 
  • Select Light press a
  • Select Light Anchor Point Pickwhip and drag to the Null's position
  • You're done.

Poi to null.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Rick,

Thank you so much for the response.  Using a null is the best option for what I needed to do.  After I created a new Ae project for some reason I was able to do what I was originally trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines