Highlighted

"Quicktime is not installed"

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.3.   1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5.

After attempting to import a file from Photoshop (21.1.0) into After Effects (17.0.6) I receiced a message saying "The Photoshop library operation failed because Quicktime is not installed on this computer". The problem is that quicktime IS installed on my computer and is up to date (Version 10.5). Appreciate any help I can get!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Quicktime is not installed"

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.3.   1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5.

After attempting to import a file from Photoshop (21.1.0) into After Effects (17.0.6) I receiced a message saying "The Photoshop library operation failed because Quicktime is not installed on this computer". The problem is that quicktime IS installed on my computer and is up to date (Version 10.5). Appreciate any help I can get!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue in Catalina, on current AE version and. Did you find a fix or workaround? It was fine a couple of days ago, just started happening. Trying to import PSDs with Video Layers where I did some hand-done rotoscoped animation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I too was doing a rotoscope animation and was moving the finished product from photoshop into after effects. Anyways, if I am remembering correctly the reason it wouldn't open in AE was because of the base video layer that I was animating over in photoshop. I'm not sure if the file was corrupted but once I removed that layer from photoshop, the file and all it's layers opened successfully in AE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that helped! It's a bug for sure, hope they fix it soon.

What I have just discovered is that if I make the video group layer into a smart object it makes the PSD less problematic for After Effects, still buggy, but works better. If I hide the video smart object I get no errors, as if the Video Layer was erased.

What's interesting though is that if I turn it back on and save it may or may not work. I've had a close to 50% chance so far, depending on file, one you get the issue on one file it's never gonna go away, if it doesn't get it, no problem. It's a different prompt it says "After Effects error: Problem with Photoshop document "doc.psd". Missing Footage in the file. ( 39 :: 0 )".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0