Highlighted

"The Photoshop Library operation failed because QuickTime is not installed on this computer" yea bet

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using After Effects CS6 11.0.4 on MacOSX 10.11.16. I very much have QuickTime (10.4) installed, and I have basically done everything in this post and nothing worked. I was trying to import a .psd file into a composition, and came up with the former warning. Interestingly enough, I found an old comp I did and managed to export it as a Quicktime file fine, the issue seems to come up with literally JUST importing .psd and any type of video files. My first thought is to update my system but as it's from mid 2012 it won't update any further.

I am very tired and I would appreciate if my laptop would stop lying to me. Need help 😞

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"The Photoshop Library operation failed because QuickTime is not installed on this computer" yea bet

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using After Effects CS6 11.0.4 on MacOSX 10.11.16. I very much have QuickTime (10.4) installed, and I have basically done everything in this post and nothing worked. I was trying to import a .psd file into a composition, and came up with the former warning. Interestingly enough, I found an old comp I did and managed to export it as a Quicktime file fine, the issue seems to come up with literally JUST importing .psd and any type of video files. My first thought is to update my system but as it's from mid 2012 it won't update any further.

I am very tired and I would appreciate if my laptop would stop lying to me. Need help 😞

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oskaconstable

Did you find a solution by any chance? I'm having the same trouble. 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue on After Effects 17.5.1 (Build 28) importing Photoshop file with Video Layers. It was working fine a day ago. Any work arounds?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0