• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

R3D footage RMD "presets" - Where are they saved? - After Effects 2019

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing the Red metadata settings for R3D footage (Interpret Footage > More Options > ) in AE 2019, you can click "Save Preset" and those settings will be available under the dropdown at the top right. To be clear, I don't mean saving an RMD file in the R3D's folder. These presets seem to be saved and managed by AE.

Where are these presets saved to?

I have searched for the names of the presets and can't find anything.

The presets aren't embedded into the project file itself because they are available in any project after saved.

It would be nice to access these so they can be sent to/used on another machine. Case in point: if someone is grading R3D footage with hard drive copy B of the footage, and then someone with hard drive copy A of the R3D footage needs to work on that shot, they would need to be sent the generated/saved .RMD files and then place each of those .RMD files into the appropriate folders (a mild nightmare if there are a lot of shots). If the AE "internal" saved presets could be sent, then they could manually apply the correct RMD settings to each shot in AE (based on a simple naming system of the presets).

Also, if you have two different instances of the same R3D file in your project and you grade each differently via metadata, then generating/saving the single .RMD file is not going to work. This situation also would make the ability to find/send the presets useful.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get a solution for this?

I'm using RED footage over 3 computers and 6 versions of After Effects and everytime I move from machine to machine is stuffs up my .R3D settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines