Highlighted

ram preview is extremely slow

New Here ,
May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I'm working on a project for a while now but since yesterday, I had a very annoying problem that doesn't let me keep working on the project. I have an audio file that I need to sync to the footage, but when I try to make a RAM preview it takes around 40 secs to do it on quarter resolution. and even without the footage (only the mp3 file), I get the same result. I also realized that AE don't use more than 1 GB of memory although it doing a ram preview and there are 13 GB of ram dedicated to AE only. I don't know what to do and I have a deadline to finish the project, how do I fix this problem. thank you very much!

specs:

16 GB of RAM

intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz

nividia geforce 1050

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ram preview is extremely slow

New Here ,
May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I'm working on a project for a while now but since yesterday, I had a very annoying problem that doesn't let me keep working on the project. I have an audio file that I need to sync to the footage, but when I try to make a RAM preview it takes around 40 secs to do it on quarter resolution. and even without the footage (only the mp3 file), I get the same result. I also realized that AE don't use more than 1 GB of memory although it doing a ram preview and there are 13 GB of ram dedicated to AE only. I don't know what to do and I have a deadline to finish the project, how do I fix this problem. thank you very much!

specs:

16 GB of RAM

intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz

nividia geforce 1050

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a decent spec.

This may help.

Preview without rendering in After Effects

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what composition resolution are you working, what are you doing, what effects are you applied, how much layers have you got in timeline. Tell us a little more information about that to say you if what you say have sense or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information as byroncortez mentioned.

Meanwhile, have you tried purging memory and disk cache?

https://www.schoolofmotion.com/blog/after-effects-disk-cache

-Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have the same problem. I have 64GB of memory and after effects uses only around 15 to 20% of it when previewing my composition. Resolution 1080, 29.97 fps, no any effect, no glow or blur, only shapes and it is lagging. The problem is not the effect or how many layers i have in my comp. The problem is that after effects uses only 5 to 12GB of my memory. I have already allocated the maximum i could in the settings, 60GB, i am using a special SSD for the cache and it is empty now after purging it. My processor is a Ryzen 9 3900x.

Someone can help please ?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1