Highlighted

ram preview issues

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to ram preview a one minute video clip. the ram preview works fine up to about 25 seconds of the clip then stops and goes back to the beginning of the clip.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't have a problem rendering the clip, but the ram preview is a problem. My computer has windows 10, 64bit and 16gb ram and a 1tb ssd hard drive. I've cleared the disk cache and maximized the disk size and closed all other apps. I have tried all ram preview options and spent hours on youtube trying to find a solution but no luck.  the video clip is 1920 by 1080 recorded at 60fps. My adobe after effects is cs6 and version 11.0.4.2. I am very much an amateur at videography so the solution maybe something simple. 

any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ram preview issues

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to ram preview a one minute video clip. the ram preview works fine up to about 25 seconds of the clip then stops and goes back to the beginning of the clip.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't have a problem rendering the clip, but the ram preview is a problem. My computer has windows 10, 64bit and 16gb ram and a 1tb ssd hard drive. I've cleared the disk cache and maximized the disk size and closed all other apps. I have tried all ram preview options and spent hours on youtube trying to find a solution but no luck.  the video clip is 1920 by 1080 recorded at 60fps. My adobe after effects is cs6 and version 11.0.4.2. I am very much an amateur at videography so the solution maybe something simple. 

any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your running out of RAM for doing a Preview at the current Preview Settings.  

You have several default Preview settings available:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/previewing.html#Defaultpreviewsettings

If you have an extended keyboard, the easiest one to try first is probably Shift 0 on the numeric keypad.

Skipping frames, lowering the Comp resolution, and/or shortening the Work Area are common option.

I keep a custom Output Module for Apple ProRes422 Proxy for rendering sample movies at Best Settings for preview purposes as well.  The image quality is great, the render time is pretty fast, the file size is small, and the bandwidth requirements are low.

-Warren

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0