• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ram Preview not playing through remote desktop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So given the current circumstances i am working from home remotley loging into my machine at work through VPN and using remote desktop. The amount and size of files we work with i cant really transfer to my local machine, its just not practucal and my home machine is also not powerfull enough for the work i need to do.We were using Team viewer however this was giving bad audio playback and i regulary need to hear the audio as well as various other issues with Team viewer. 

So the VPN route (Forti Client Vpn) has been much better apart from one thing.

Ram previews don't always work, they will work for a time after a reset however they will usually stop working meaning i regularly need to restart my system to use them to get them working. The Preview will cache the files as if its working then when complete it just does nothing, no error, nothing.  The bar is green showing the frames are now chached, i can scrub through fine and smooth however i cannot play it back in realtime to check timing leaving me to guess the timing / see it on a render or restart my machine.   However they seam fine through team viewer but i havn't tested this as much.

System: Inel Core i9-7900X CPU @ 3.3Ghz

Ram: 128GB

Card: Nvidia Quadro RTX5000

Any Suggestions?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The VPN/ virtual machine is probably messing up the memory addresses and AE sends data into a black hole. You may need to fiddle with the configuration. Some clients allow fixed memory blocks and similar. This may help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers, 

Not sure how to do that, i've looked at settings but don't really know what i am doing. Our IT is on furlough.

I've tried through Chrome remote desktop and the same thing seems to be happening so maybe its not VPN specific. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in the same situation and have determined that ram preview will not work because your sound is set to remote audio. Not sure how to fix it. sorry if you do get it solved please let me know. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-won-t-play-ram-preview/td-p/9779146?page=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines