Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

We are a 12 people team with the same setup:

Z640

Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-4620 v4

64 gb ram

System Pcie SSD ( read 1200mb Write 1800mb ) + cache ssd( 550mb both ways)  both 512gb

Titan X pascal Or Quadro m5000

After effects 2017 14.2.1

Windows 10 pro

Dell 4k displays.

The issue is that while working on a project (doesn't matter what kind of project), it can be 10 sec or 30 min into working and then the ram preview stops working without any reason.

you press the Ram preview, it looks as if it loads it into memory and then it just doesn't play. in the info panel it say its playing real-time but it doesn't move from the current frame.

This issues keeps happening even after a purg all.

the only way to solve it is exiting after effects and reopening it.

Is it a bug ? any suggestions ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ram Preview stops working randomly, requaire a restart for it to work again

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

We are a 12 people team with the same setup:

Z640

Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-4620 v4

64 gb ram

System Pcie SSD ( read 1200mb Write 1800mb ) + cache ssd( 550mb both ways)  both 512gb

Titan X pascal Or Quadro m5000

After effects 2017 14.2.1

Windows 10 pro

Dell 4k displays.

The issue is that while working on a project (doesn't matter what kind of project), it can be 10 sec or 30 min into working and then the ram preview stops working without any reason.

you press the Ram preview, it looks as if it loads it into memory and then it just doesn't play. in the info panel it say its playing real-time but it doesn't move from the current frame.

This issues keeps happening even after a purg all.

the only way to solve it is exiting after effects and reopening it.

Is it a bug ? any suggestions ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2017 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds strange. Those monitors wouldn't be P2715Q would they? Those monitors caused an issue when the multi stream transport option was enabled. Disabling MST got previews working as expected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

the monitor is an HP Z32x. but it happens on dell as well.

Talked with support and they told me something corrupts the cache and told me to remove all plugins, and delete all cache. and give it a go.

i can't keep on doing it since i need the plugins for work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2017 0
Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it as a troubleshooting step though. If it still has the problem without your plugins, you'll know they're not the problem. If it stops, great! Then we just narrow down which one it is, by installing some of your plugins and testing until you find the one causing the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bebunny,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nop. still happening. :[

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact same problem. Similar machine build.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank GOD I found a thread addressing this. This is driving me absolutely crazy. The only solution is shutting down AE and firing it up again to only work for 10 minutes, sometimes more then bam, same issue. I would LOVE some advice on this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Any word on this? It is a real workflow hindrance

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue.  It happens more often with bigger projects (Like 3 MBs) than it does with brand new projects.  I'm running AE 2020 on a Mac by the way

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I think I found a solution. If you change audio hardware output device it starts working again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This worked for me. Still annoying, but not as annoying as a restart!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
gregdigg LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixes it, thank you! This is where Adobe needs to start looking. I plug and unplug my headphones a lot during the day, and this could be part of the issue, I just don't know why one thing would affect the other.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of Footage you are working? 4K footage? 8K? 16bpc? or maybe 32bps? It's not the same to work with a clips with 8bpc than 32bpc. Your issue could be in this way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem. The preview skips back one frame and then holds. Requires a restart to fix. I heard that this was somehow related to the audio settings not being set correctly ie: plugging headphones in or connecting via bluetooth, when the settings in AE aren't set for that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep this is the exact thing happening to me.  Sometimes ill restart, but then immediately it does the bug thing and I have to save and restart.  Its very frustrating

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2020 0