• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random frequent crashes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could be more specific, I use plugins like Universe and Mister Horse, I use dynamic link. AFX crashes, even when sitting idle...doing nothing. It sway to random. I am on the latest version, ALL drivers and OS are up to date. Can you all not steal from Blackmagic and make your stuff efficient. 1080p in Adobe...lags, 4k in Resolve, real-time.

AMD 3900x

Nvidia 2080 RTX

NVMe (not even close to half full)

64GB of RAM

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start by updating and playing around with your graphics driver and it's settings. AE's hardware acceleration stuff has not yet been updated to even take advantage of any fetaures and RTX card may offer and some functions simply may be "blackholing", i.e. trying to access features and memory addresses that are out of bounds.Things like engforcing an older OpenGL level or restricting the card's accessible memory can work miracles, especially since this may also eliminate indirect causes like crashes due to issues with hibernation/ power saving modes or on the other end, overclocking/ overheating. Unfortunately no simply answers here. You really have to spend some time with this and figure out what improves your situation. Same of course for other things like your CPU settings and associated drivers or even the storage device driver. Sifting through the event viewer and pinning down the exact cause for each individual crash would also be smart.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines