Exit

Random green frame during preview

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team,

I really need some help with this.

I saved my composition few days ago with no problems whatsoever.

I opened it today and on the latest clips there is an issue where I get a green frame or a frame of a random clip that's earlier in the video (wtffff).

This seems to be fixed when I change my preview to FULL instead of having it on quarter/half which are all bugged.

However, even with FULL res there is STILL one frame that's bugged in my clip that shows a frame from a totally different clip that's before it.

I purged all disk/memory cache, cleaned everything but this still persists. Please tell me there's a way to fix this ... I worked really hard whole week all day learning after effects from total scratch and it would suck so much if I lost my composition to these bugs.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

TO WHOEVER HAS THIS ISSUE IT LOOKS LIKE I FOUND THE FIX:

It looks like the cause of the issue is you having mp4 video clips importent to AE. All of my clips are this format, so you might want to convert all your vids to a different format .. I'm just gonna stick with mp4 coz i have lots of clips

ANYWAY:

Put your cursor on the frame where you have green screen. Try changing the Resolution/Down Sample Factor Popup that's right below the composition screen itself to Full/Half/Third/Quarterr. If at le

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, by some miracle from God I saved a copy of a project before it was bugged so I can continue working and this is just 10 seconds or so that I need to replace. NOT A BIG DEAL AT ALL (just lost an hour and half with this, but compared to losing everything this is nothing)

but please is there anyone with a logical explaination why all of this is happening?

HINT: I added a COMPOSITION to my composition of transitions ... i then copied one of the transitions from it to my main comp and pasted it on there ... as I said, everything was all good until I opened the project few days later, all bugged. Removing the transitions didn't work, basically the original clip itself was for some reason compromised

but I don't know if this is the reason for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TO WHOEVER HAS THIS ISSUE IT LOOKS LIKE I FOUND THE FIX:

It looks like the cause of the issue is you having mp4 video clips importent to AE. All of my clips are this format, so you might want to convert all your vids to a different format .. I'm just gonna stick with mp4 coz i have lots of clips

ANYWAY:

Put your cursor on the frame where you have green screen. Try changing the Resolution/Down Sample Factor Popup that's right below the composition screen itself to Full/Half/Third/Quarterr. If at least one of those make you have no green screen PERFECT ... now you want to Edit > Purge > All memory & disk cache AND then switch the scale back to what you had it at half or wahtever ... hopefully the green frame is gone and you can keep going (I would make sure FULL has no green frame because that is how your actually gonna export it... with full rez)

If this won't work just try a few times 😉 YOU CAN ALSO TRY going File > Project Settings > and change video rendering and effects to Memory GPU Acceleration or the Software one. Whatever you had, change it to the other one AND THEN try to purge all memory.

I'm SO HAPPY this works for me because I was afraid I'd have to redo all my clips, time remaps .. omg ..

I HOPE this helps somebody as well!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines