• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Line appearing in ellipse

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"m having an issue where in some frames, a random line is appearring in an ellipse shape as it is being animated. I'm adding pictures of the frame before, the problem frame, and the one that follows to help show what it looks like and hopefully provide some insight. If anyone has any clue why this is happening or how to fix it, I'd be quite grateful.

Third FrameThird FrameProblem FrameProblem FrameFirst FrameFirst Frame

There are slight changes to the dimensions and position of the ellipse across all three photos, but no reason as far as I am aware for this issue to occur.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are animating a Shape, show us what you have done in the Modifiers you are probably using, select the layer and press the U key twice (UU). Do not cut anything please, take a full screenshot of your screen with After Effects open so that the composition and especially the timeline can be seen in the Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of the full workspace, on the frame with the issue. Please let me know if there's anything else you need that could be helpful. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.14.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by deleting the Gradient Fill. Even with opacity set to 0, it could be causing problems. Any layer that is using trim paths to animate a stroke should not have any fill at all, ever.

If you need a fill, duplicate the object in the Shape layer, remove the stroke, and add your fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting the fill but the line is still appearing, any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is something going on in the shape layer that I cannot see. Try starting fresh, or take a look at this comp. Download it and give it a try.

Screenshot_2020-08-13 22.40.51_gc5Abr.png

Keyframe values:

Start  0, 33, 33, 0

End   100, 66, 66, 100

Offset 0, 360

Everything is shown in the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines