• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ray-Traced 3D Environment Layer does not reflect the text and logo.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Ray-Traced 3D Environment does not work.

I activate the "Environment Layer" option on my image, the 3D environment is created with my image, because I can rotate the camera 360 degrees and view my scene. The problem is that it doesn't reflect either in my text or in my PNG logo. The option of "Appears In Reflections" on / off does not change anything. All layers are 3D Layer

Any idea what could be going wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any more specific info about your system and your comp settings nobody can tell you much. Raytrace 3D is deprecated to begin with and running it on contemporary video cards can have all sorts of ill effects. Just because you are able to enable it means squat and is no guarantee that anything will actually work as intended.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a very good chance you just don't have things set up correctly. Select the 3D layer you want to have reflections and select the 3D layer you want to use as the reflection map and the main light then press the U key twice. I'm not using a version of AE that still has Ray-traced rendering but here are the settings you should adjust and remember that position of the reflection (image) is also critical:

Screenshot_2020-03-11 23.39.53_45yfIq.png

If you don't have the material options set up correctly you will not see any reflections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines