Highlighted

Read image from file

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I want to initialize PF_EffectWorld using image from disk. Roughly speaking, I want to write something like this:

PF_EffectWorld* img = EffectWorldLoadFunction("1.jpg");

Does AE SDK have such functionality? Or I have to use external library (like OpenCV) for the correct reading of different image formats?

Thanks,

Ilya

No, the SDK does not offer this functionality, but as you said, you are free to use a library like SOIL, OpenCV, libpng/tiff/jpg, CImg or whatever to load an external file into a buffer in memory and then copy the pixels in the right format to your effect world.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Read image from file

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I want to initialize PF_EffectWorld using image from disk. Roughly speaking, I want to write something like this:

PF_EffectWorld* img = EffectWorldLoadFunction("1.jpg");

Does AE SDK have such functionality? Or I have to use external library (like OpenCV) for the correct reading of different image formats?

Thanks,

Ilya

No, the SDK does not offer this functionality, but as you said, you are free to use a library like SOIL, OpenCV, libpng/tiff/jpg, CImg or whatever to load an external file into a buffer in memory and then copy the pixels in the right format to your effect world.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 22, 2017 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for detailed answer!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very late to this party, but could you explain how to copy the pixels from a buffer to an effect world?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0