• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Received AE Project unable to read attached video files, depending on which on my PC it's unzipped

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running CC 2020 After Effects 17.1.4 on Windows 10 1909. I've been sent a relatively small after effects project, which was collected from within AE, then zipped before sending to me. 

If I download the .zip file directly to my desktop, unzip there and open the project without moving it, then everything opens up and reconnects perfectly fine. 

If download the .zip file to any other drive - my internal SSD storage drive, my external driver, even my seperate PC server drive, which I have mapped as a drive in my Explorer - whenever I unzip the file and open the project, I get an error on every single video clip saying that the file is damaged or unsupported. 

As best I can tell, the Group and Usernames and Permissions for System settings are identical between the Desktop and the other drives. All the drives are NTFS formatted. 

I'm obviously missing something fairly major. Can anyone help?

Many Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clearance:

You downloaded the zip to dekstop, unzip, open and everything was fine.

Next you downloaded the zip to another drive, unzip, open and files are corrupted.

So second download was corrupt?!

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tested a few options and it seems to be an issue with where the files are when I open them as opposed to an issue with the .zip download. The first .zip that works fine on the Desktop, then doesn't work if I move it elsewhere. Similarly, if I download to elsewhere, where it doesn't work, and then move it to my Desktop, it works. 

It must be some kind of permissions error but I just can't see any difference between the permissions and ownership settings between the different locations. I've tried using apps like 'TakeOwnershipPro' but no luck so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines