Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recreating this Geometric Transition

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I enjoy this transition with the warping pentagon shapes and wanted to recreate it.

Here's a gif of what I'm talking about:

pentagon-transition.gif

Source: https://youtu.be/vZGQ1LsdCUM?t=61

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably some stock effect from a plug-in suite. Not impossible to manually re-create, though. From the looks of it it's just a bunch of layer duplication with slight delays and then of course animating the shapes in a staggering fashion as well. It also appears to be using quite some displacement map effects or other distortion stuff for that pseudo-fractured looks. Could also be time displacment. In any case, perfectly doable, just elaborate. You might easily end up with ten pre-comps just for this single transition in order to be able to control all of its aspects.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Knowing the effects is a good start. I'll start playing with these.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines