Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recurring crash problem

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community

I have a problem with my project, After Effcts crashes about once a hour or so, and I can´t figure out any specific action I do to make this happen. One time it crashed when I did nothing and just had a coffee break. Is there any way to find out which effect or footage could be responsible?
The first lines of the crash log file read as follows:
"

Process: AfterFX.exe [13900]
Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\AfterFX.exe
Product Version: 17.1.4.37
File Version: 17.1.4.37
Code Type: x64
Parent Process: explorer.exe [7612]

Date/Time: 2020-09-24 18:09:32 Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit
OS Version: 10.0.19041.292
Report ID:

Time Awake Since Boot: 175536 seconds

Crashed thread: 164 [1452] THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL

Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Exception Parameters: User-Mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at location 0x0000000000000000
Exception Message: 3221225477 Die Anweisung in 0x%p verwies auf Arbeitsspeicher bei 0x%p. Der Vorgang %s konnte im Arbeitsspeicher nicht durchgeführt werden.

"

The last line is german and just means something like "the instruction in 0x%p refered to memory at 0x%p. The process %s could not be performed in memory."

Could it be helpful to post the total crash log?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with AE most likely. Since your Explorer is crashing, it stands to reason that this is an external process interfering like e.g. an overzealous virus scanner accessing the files at the most inconvenient times. Start by checking the relevant Security sections of Event Viewer and of course all the generic stuff, too. Deeper logging could of course be instated by setting the options accordingly or using tools like Sysinternals' Process Explorer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think the explorer is crashing. The explorer acts before and after the After Effects Crash jsut fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Mylenium
thanks for yout reply, sadly i cannont find something suspicious in the event viewer.
What to do you mean by checking all the generic stuff?
I dont use any virus scanner, only "comodo firewall", which had a "Virusscope" section, which I turned off now, but I dont thing this is the culprit.
So you don´t think it could be helpful to post the total AE crash log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to update, had the next crash with Viruscope turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arnem55527142,

Sorry for the crash issue.

It'll definitely help if you could share the complete crash report along with your system specifications. Also, is there anything specific that triggers the crash?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo nishu_kush
As I already said, sadly there is no specific reason for the crashes.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
64GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro

Geforce RTX 2060

How can I post the whole crash report? I am not sure if there is sensitive data in it which I should delete first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bro,

Adobe regularly releases updates to keep everything ticking over, and it may be that if your version is After Effects is out of date, you're simply working with something Adobe has already fixed in an update. To do this: Go to your Creative Cloud Application Manager. In the After Effects section, select Update.

Thanks and Best Wishes:

Katana Swords For Sale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, but its 17.1.4.37 and up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines