• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing Composition 50% in AE

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No point in confessing intelligence. My question probably gives that away. I have a two minute composition. I want to change it to 4 minutes, not just change the composition settings, but actually slow it down so it takes 4 minutes to complete and I would like to keep the best possible quality. In Premiere you choose speed, then optical, simple. I can't seem to find it in AE and since I'm asking is there a better way?
I did Google, but I suppose I ask the question wrong.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entirely depends what you actualyl need. The best way to retain quality would be to just drop the comp into a new 4 minute comp and enable time-stretch/ time-remapping (Layer --> Time --> Eanble Time Remapping... etc.) This will natively resample the time for animated properties and, within limits, also interpolate pixel-based content using the methods provided by the layer quality switches for this option. If you want a better quality, but purely optical resampling then the Timewarp (as Premiere would do) effect is your friend.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your really quick reply.
I will try now.
Again, thank you.

--

*Lean-into-GOD*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your comp does not contain any video footage you can time remap without any problems. There will be no frame blending. The only time you need to worry about frame blending is when there is video footage or image sequences in the animation. If you do have video footage (movies) in the comp then you need to test all of the frame blending options to see which one gives you the best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines