• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reflections not showing in AE with Cinema 4D import

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started learning Cinema 4D Lite but a user of AE for a while. I've imported my C4D file into AE, and everything is all good apart from no reflections showing on my glass object. Screen grab of C4D render window, AE composition preview and my settings. Can anyone see where I've gone wrong here? Been searching around forums for a clue but I can't see this problem anywhere online. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course nothing will show up unless you actually set the renderer to the standard renderer, not the OpenGL preview.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realise that screenshot was still on that setting, I tested all the renderer options (including Standard) and the results are still the same with no reflections. Is there something else I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2020-04-07 18.27.39_imqd6s.png

Does this help. There is a thread from April 7 that I cannot find that goes into a little more detail on how to set up reflections in C4D Lite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, and thanks for your reply. I've changed the material settings back and forth and nothing seemed to change the result, until I went for a cup of tea and left AE for a while. Seems it just needed additional time to process and now the reflections are showing up! So feeling a bit daft but the problem is now solved. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines