• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing pick whip, but keeping cloned property on shapes.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Can I remove the pick whip between two elements, but have both elements keep the values?

For example - say I have 2 squares. They are linked on the color properties via the pick whip. Square 1 tells square 2 that it's fill color should be red. I would like to remove the pick whip between these two shapes BUT leaving the red fill color on both. 

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By pickwhip, I am assuming that you are using an expression to tie the fill color together so if you change one it will change the other. 

If you disable or delete the expression the color of the second will not be controlled by the first. You can click on the color then use the eyedropper to sample the color of the second so they will be the same. 

This is really basic stuff. Are you new to AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick! I've dabbled in AE before, but now I'm on a mission to learn it more for my job and personal projects. 

Basically, I would like to have one color for multiple different objects. For example, shoes, pants, shirt, etc. in multiple poses such as walking and sitting. 

Below is a video that might illustrate what I'm trying to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in the screenshot attached, I would like to be able to change colors on one element and have the other elements follow. For example, if I want her pants to be purple I am hoping to be able to change this color in one place on the walking position and have it follow to the sitting position. Same thing with the shirt, skin color, etc... 

As a side note: I get caught up in automation and spend more time on that rather than just doing it by hand. My job is managing 400+ websites, so it's kind of baked in. If this is the case, or the case in the future, let me know. Annotation 2020-07-06 160632.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry but I'm confused. Video shows exactly how to link colors using an expression. Point every color swatch to the master and you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines