• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Cue Not finishing renders in 17.1.4

Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render a couple of simple video clips with no effects. Neither AE's render cue nor Media Encoder is finishing a render today. Anybody else?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I've had Media Encoder hang on me at least three times in the past week.  Had to quit ME, then force quite a BG-procerss of After Effects. After that i was able to restart  Media Encoder and the render would finish.   

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do that. I'm having no success at all. This is a serious problem. Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I can only speak for Media Encoder as I don't render with AE. 

In ME stop the render and close the app.  Then, if you're on WIndows, open the task manager and in the processes tab look for an instance of AE running as a background process, right click on it and end the process.  After that you should be able to re-open media encoder and execute the render.  At least that's what works for me.  

If you don't see an instance of AE running or, if you're on an apple OS & cannot figure out how to force quit a background process then reboot your computer and see if that helps.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK Thanks ... I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobokirk_0-1600803253182.png

Render Cue is showing there's nothing left to render, but it's hanging up here at the end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines