• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render error, in layers with expressions and slider control

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nested compositions, in this case there are 6 logos composed of masked solids and the effect, linear wipe

The opacity depends on the control of the slider that is in an adjustment layer in the main composition.

In the preview of after effects everything is great, but when I send the main composition "Datasheet" to the Media encoder queue and render the final result is that the opacity of the layers that depend on the control of the slider is always 100%

I leave screenshots in case someone has the same error, for now I have been able to solve it by doing the after rendering directly to .MOV and then moving to .MP4

I'm working on windows 10 pro 1703

Intel i5 6300 HQ processor

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 1GB graphics card

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Escobar_R,

Which version of After Effects are you using when this problem occurs? Take a look in the menus under "Help > About After Effects..." to view the full version number.

It's possible that the version of Media Encoder and the version of After Effects are not in sync. What is the full version number of Media Encoder?

Looking at the project itself would be the best way for us to diagnose what's going on. Would you be able to upload a copy of your After Effects project so our team can take a look?

Thanks so much,

- John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Thanks for answering

This is the version I have installed after effects

and this is the version of half encoder

About the source file, you can send me an email to the one that can send you the file, this in order not to disclose the information of the client and the project in which I currently work, as one of the largest mobile telephone operators in Colombia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Escobar_R,

Thank you for emailing the project file. So far I've been unable to reproduce the same issue when rendering out the Datasheet composition through AME. I tried using both:

• The "Queue in AME" button in the Render Queue
  • The menu option under "Composition" > "Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue"

The Datasheet composition rendered out correctly for me in both cases.

Your After Effects & Media Encoder versions are in sync, thank you for sending those screen captures. I do notice that your Media Encoder appears to be running in Spanish while your After Effects is running in English ( at least in the screencaps ). Does the problem persist if you set Media Encoder to English? Also, which language do you have Windows set to? The inconsistency might be related.

Thanks,
- John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

I change the language of my AME, but I continue with the same problem, when I do the render the variables of the expressions are not applied.

My operating system is in Spanish and due to server conditions and the organization's permission it is not possible for me to make the change to English.

Can you think of any other solution for this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Escobar_R,

Thank you for your patience. I am still unable to reproduce the incorrect render after matching my OS and app language settings to yours, there must be some other dependency which is causing the issue. Perhaps a network filter or firewall interfering with Dynamic Link.

With that said, I'm very familiar with the type of setup you are creating and I think you should check out Master Properties ( they were added in the April 2018 After Effects update ).

Create Motion Graphics templates with Essential Graphics panel

https://www.schoolofmotion.com/tutorials/master-properties-after-effects

By using Master Properties, you won't need to link pre-comped elements to sliders or create if...else expressions; you can simply expose the opacity control for each pre-comp in your Datasheet composition.

I will continue working on this bug and may reach out to you for more details, but I hope that integrating Master Properties will both work around the issue and open up new workflow possibilities for you.

Thanks,

- John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John and EScobar,

I have a similar problem.

When I use a slider control on a layer, media renderer is not rendering this information. In my case, i´m not using expressions.

i´m using Slider Control to show a number increasing from 0 to 80imagem01_adobe_error.PNG

imagem02_adobe_error.PNG

imagem03_adobe_error.PNG

As you can see the numbers does not show up on media encoder.

My softwares are the both in the most recent version, both in english.

I´m running a Win 10, intel i5-7600, 16gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I HAVE TE SAME EXACT PROBLEEEM. I'M STRUGGLING!!!

Have you fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines