Highlighted

Render Export As Transparent

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone help me render my After Exports project as transparent? I used to be able to do this, but now when I try to make a Quicktime file, it's unable to open. I've heard that AE no longer supports Quicktime?

What is another way to render my file (either from AE or through Media Encoder) without us Quicktime? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Render Export As Transparent

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone help me render my After Exports project as transparent? I used to be able to do this, but now when I try to make a Quicktime file, it's unable to open. I've heard that AE no longer supports Quicktime?

What is another way to render my file (either from AE or through Media Encoder) without us Quicktime? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start by using the Output Module's Lossless with Alpha preset. If you are on a Windows machine and you have not updated the preset is probably set to Quicktime Animation Codec. If that is not the setting then just use the Preset. If that is the setting then you will need to pick another codec that supports alpha channels. GoPro Cineform (free and great) is one that does. It also supports a higher bit depth. 

If you are completely lost post a screenshot of the codec options available in the Output Module. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2020 0