Highlighted

Render fails instantly

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm new to after effects (have been using vegas pro but finally decided to migrate), I made a composition but for some reason it instantly fails the render. I've tried purging disk cache, using Media encoder (also failed instantly saying it has been moved - I had this problem with a previous project but AE was able to render it instead), and using CPU render.. I'm not sure if it's my plugins, but I have made two other projects before with the same plugins and had no troubles before. Outside of the plugins in after effects, I use Sapphire, twixtor, and bcc plugins. I really don't want to scrap the project, but I will redo it if I have to, it's not very complicated to remake, this is with the hope that there's something wrong with the project file instead of the plugins i used. I'm just afraid this will happen on every project I work on (and worse, on very long projects).

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Render fails instantly

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm new to after effects (have been using vegas pro but finally decided to migrate), I made a composition but for some reason it instantly fails the render. I've tried purging disk cache, using Media encoder (also failed instantly saying it has been moved - I had this problem with a previous project but AE was able to render it instead), and using CPU render.. I'm not sure if it's my plugins, but I have made two other projects before with the same plugins and had no troubles before. Outside of the plugins in after effects, I use Sapphire, twixtor, and bcc plugins. I really don't want to scrap the project, but I will redo it if I have to, it's not very complicated to remake, this is with the hope that there's something wrong with the project file instead of the plugins i used. I'm just afraid this will happen on every project I work on (and worse, on very long projects).

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vegas is a nonlinear editor, After Effects is not and should never be used to edit videos. You use AE to do composites, visual effects, and motion graphics that cannot be done in an NLE.

There is no way at all to guess why your render is failing without a detailed workflow description and probably screenshots that show us what you are doing with the layers.

The normal troubleshooting workflow is to select all layers, press the U key to reveal all modified properties, and then start turning off effects using the FX switch in the timeline next to the effect or resetting parameters. I would pick anything that puts a load on the previews. The problem could also come from the original source media if it is highly compressed or the render settings. If the render fails if you select Composition/Save Frame As/File and choose the default settings to render the frame, the problem is in the comp. If that works, try rendering a Lossless (don't monkey with the preset) file from the comp. If that works then the culprit is the render settings. If you are using the Adobe Media Encoder and it fails then you could have GPU problems or you are using the C4D rendering engine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines