Highlighted

Render issue - Color desaturation

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm working on a design project in AE, the color looks fine in after effects, but once rendered it becomes washed out (desaturated). Has anyone experienced this before and know how to fix it? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Render issue - Color desaturation

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm working on a design project in AE, the color looks fine in after effects, but once rendered it becomes washed out (desaturated). Has anyone experienced this before and know how to fix it? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any exact info about items used, color management settings, render settings, system info down to the question of how and where you verify your footage nobody can tell you much. The simple, speculative answer would have to be that you seem to be completely ignorant of how some formats affect color ranges, in particular compressed video like MP4 and then of course there could be another million things at play like the difference of a color managed app like AE vs. viewing stuff outside the program, possibly made even worse by things like bad monitor settings or crooked monitor profiles. In any case, you have to be a lot more specific and provide the necessary info, including ideally soem screenshots of the whole mess.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Mlynzira LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for the clearance. I'm sorry for not giving a clearer context (my bad!), however, I found a thread that explain the similar issue here https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/h-264-gamma-shift-washed-out-colours-on-export/m-p/44068...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0